passive income and PLN

    When I start the degree in Instructional System and Learning Technology, I was thinking about how to prepare my career in this field. And in addition to a formal portfolio, I think it will be a good practice to create an online course through Udemy. My bachelor degree is Teaching Chinese as a Second Language. I had roughly 5 years working experience in Teaching Mandarin to U.S students. Therefore, I think " learning Mandarin " should have a lot of customers.

     After did some research about how to create an online course. I learn the phrase " passive income". What is "passive income"? According to Wiki, "Passive income is income resulting from cash flow received on a regular basis, requiring minimal to no effort by the recipient to maintain it". In the other words, after you set up a product and continue maintaining it, the people who consume such product will keep paying you the money. All the product is sold through the online market.

       There are several ways can create passive income, for example, writing a popular blog, selling an online course, writing an ebook and so on. Among all the option, creating an online course and selling it can be a good choice that not only creates passive income but also a good practice for me.  While I am thinking about how to promote my course, I consider using Web 2.0 tools I learned from EME6414 to advocate my course. As the result, to make more people know my course, constructing a larger PLN is critical for the success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments:) Yihan