week 5 some thoughts :)



         
       
       Another busy week.... I wish I could have 48 hours a day... My little precious is getting bigger and bigger. I enjoy every second with him!  SO  sad that my husband will leave in next week, heading back to California and continue his post doctor career. I will be myself with my two lovely boy and my parents. Even though I wish I could have a longer time with my son and my husband, I still enjoy every second I spend for this course. I found I like doing and thinking creatively.

        I am so embarrassed to admit that I just start to think about the third assignment "produsage project". Time is flying and I feel I am still struggling with the subject. I have too many choices. Elementary education is the field I am familiar with but I want to try subject in higher education. Considering the time limitation, I think a better idea is to do something I am familiar with.

       Second, which web.2.0 tools? There are some of them first coming to my mind: schoology ( learning management system), trello ( as the homework list)  seesaw ( digital portfolio creating tools), youtube (video sharing tool) and so on ( maybe I will use facebook public group as discussion board; voice thread as assessment tool)

      Third, my philosophy should be learner-centered and project based learning. Therefore, I will try to give students the ability to complete the task with the foundational knowledge learned from the class.

      Another thing I want to share is when we are discussing the social media tools in other countries. I feel very difficult to use youtube ( amazing video sharing tools) in China. We have similar video sharing tools such as Tudou. However, I feel youtube is the best because of its user-friendly feature. So sad that my country block the youtube and it makes difficult to promote a world-class community as an instructional designer.
   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments:) Yihan