Should I choose this course ?



   


      Choosing this course means a lot of challenge to me! But, I am so excited to be here and passionate for all the tasks I am going to accomplish, skills I am going to learn and professionals I am going to meet. Finger cross for the good start and perfect end.

      I want to try this course at the beginning of the summer semester before the formal start of it. I cannot persuade myself if I have to take this course. I am also not sure if this course is what I really want. I don't know what does Web. 2.0 means but I just don't want to learn many theories and histories about this area. I want to be skillful, be creative and be professional one day! I know what I want but I don't know what I can get.

      Another reason that makes me hesitate is my pregnancy.  I am a 36 weeks pregnant woman with a 2 years old son. I already chose one course for the summer and don't want to be overwhelmed and make life messy. I discussed with my husband. He said it is all up to me. I am so glad he is so supportive and understanding.

      Then I told myself to try first and decide later. After reading the syllabus, trying various instructional media (most of them I have never tried, such as voice thread, Adobe spark, and Twitter), listening to the professor's presentation, I feel I was deeply motivated and touched by the course. I am so glad also so grateful for the professor who creates so many materials in order to achieve the best learning outcome. I can feel the intensive work ahead of me. However, there is no reason for me to drop it. This course is what I want!! Maybe it will be hard and I even don't know what will happen when the baby born. However, I simply just don't want to miss this amazing course!





 

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are embarking on this adventure. I too feel overwhelmed and also excited! I think this course is going to be an amazing opportunity to change the way we connect with the world around us. I am the mom of a 3 year old and I know the challenges of being a student and parent. Hopefully we can be resources to one another as we figure our way through the world of Web 2.0.
    = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. I am happy we are on the same boat :) Actually I feel stressful for the pregnancy. And this course creates a lot of distraction avoiding me thinking about too much or worry to much. I hope you can find way to balance too !


      Cheers !!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm the mom of an 8 year old, and yes, it is difficult to be an academic and a parent. When my daughter was 1 week old she was sleeping in my arms while I attended a prelim defense.

    I'm glad you're here, and we can keep the lines of communication open about any challenges that might arise when your baby is born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Professor for the encouragement ! I will stick on my resolution. I just happened to know how amazing a baby joins your life, so we decide to have another. And then I just happened to know how amazing this course is ( I am very grateful for this). I love all the things you create and the consideration you have for the students. I am glad to be here :)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments:) Yihan