my experience and understanding regarding Web. 2.0



             Web 2.0 makes more sense to me after I listened to the presentation shared through voice thread. What I feel before registering this course is "Web 2.0" is a system similar to other management systems we are using, Blackboard, Canvas,  Moodle and etc. You name it. However, the difference is "Web 2.0" is a social work management system while Blackboard and Moodles are learning management system. So, my first impression is Web 2.0 is full of programmings, theories, and rules. Thanks to the presentation, I have a better understanding and clearer definition of it.

             I really like the saying that " Web 2.0 is a philosophy, not a tool". I can easily make connections with the field I am familiar with. In education, there has a lot of philosophies.  My teaching philosophy is student-centered and project-based. I feel the outcomes of learning is incredible when you "learn by doing". Therefore, I spend a lot of time in creating fun projects based on students' characteristics to engage them. And in the same idea, Web 2.0 transfer a thought that everyone can involve in the system, make the contribution and even change the world. People are empowered and get authorization through using some "projects" of it.

             My favorite Web2.0 "project" or "program" is Pinterest. I just feel so jealous that why my country does not have one. I admire and respect people who are willing to share good resources to the world. I always get inspired by the ideas and instructional projects presented on it. Because of Pinterest, I got the chance to see a lot of creative teachers' blog who organize thoughts, sharing their unique teaching methods and pictures of the learning outcomes on their blog. I was thinking I should create my own blog but postpone the plan due to all kinds of excuse.

            Therefore, I appreciate the "passive" opportunity to write a blog. Hopefully, I can have this as a new habit in my life.
 
       
 




1 comment:

  1. Yihan, I appreciate your insights of Web 2.0 and difference from LMS. I'd add that Web 2.0 tools are centered around user-generated content. This is increasingly influencing LMS platform applications too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments:) Yihan